shunit2 - plugin architecture patches
This is a copy of shunit 2.1.6 modified to support a plugin architecture. My primary motivation for this was to use shunit2 as a test runner in Pandokia, but in principle you could use it to create arbitrary report formats.
This patched version is identified as '2.1.6plugin'
What is here:
- A tar file with an install script. shunit2-2.1.6plugin.tar.gz
- The patched shunit2 and the patched
scripts and put them somewhere on your PATH to enable the
shunit2 runner in Pandokia.
shunit2_runtime.tar.gz - a tar file of these two files.
- Unmodified distribution of shunit2-2.1.6.tgz ( originally obtained from http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/downloads/detail?name=shunit2-2.1.6.tgz )
- shunit2.patch implements the plugin architecture. (A discussion of this patch is available at google code or locally. )
- Unmodified shunit2 html and text documentation. These files are included in shunit2-2.1.6.tgz . This is useful for understanding how to write tests for shunit2. (For using shunit2 with Pandokia, see the Pandokia documentation.)
If you prefer to apply the patch yourself instead of downloading the already-patched file, you can use these instructions.
Download shunit2 2.1.6 from http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/downloads/detail?name=shunit2-2.1.6.tgz or from the link above. Get the file "shunit2.patch" from http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/issues/detail?id=31 or from the link above. Extract the tar file and apply the patch : tar xf shunit2-2.1.6.tgz cd shunit2-2.1.6/src/ patch -p0 < ../../shunit2.patch Copy the shunit2 script to some place on your PATH. The resulting shunit2 is identified by SHUNIT_VERSION='2.1.6plugin' You can run the shunit2 self-tests with the command ./shunit2_test.sh