LSQ Equation Construction and Solving¶
JWST pipeline step for image intensity matching for MIRI images.
MRSIMatchStep(name=None, parent=None, config_file=None, _validate_kwds=True, **kws)¶
MRSIMatchStep: Subtraction or equalization of sky background in MIRI MRS science images.
- name (str, optional) – The name of the Step instance. Used in logging messages and in cache filenames. If not provided, one will be generated based on the class name.
- parent (Step instance, optional) – The parent step of this step. Used to determine a fully-qualified name for this step, and to determine the mode in which to run this step.
- config_file (str path, optional) – The path to the config file that this step was initialized with. Use to determine relative path names.
- **kws (dict) – Additional parameters to set. These will be set as member variables on the new Step instance.
spec= u"\n # General sky matching parameters:\n bkg_degree = integer(min=0, default=1) # Degree of the polynomial for background fitting\n subtract = boolean(default=False) # subtract computed sky from 'images' cube data?\n\n "¶
apply_background_2d(model2d, channel=None, subtract=True)¶
Apply (subtract or add back) background values computed from
meta.backgroundpolynomials to 2D image data.
This function modifies the input
This function does not check whether background was previously applied to image data (through
This function does not modify input model’s
meta.background.subtractedattribute to indicate that background has been applied to model’s data. User is responsible for setting
meta.background.subtractedafter background was applied to all channels. Partial application of background (i.e., to only some channels as opposite to all channels) is not recommended.
- model2d (
jwst.datamodels.ImageModel) – A
jwst.datamodels.ImageModelfrom whose data background needs to be subtracted (or added back).
- channel (str, int, list, None, optional) – This parameter indicates for which channel background values should
be applied. An integer value is automatically converted to a string
type. A string type input value indicates a single channel
to which background should be applied.
channelcan also be a list of several string or integer single channel values. The default value of
Noneindicates that background should be applied to all channels.
- subtract (bool, optional) – Indicates whether to subtract or add back background values to input model data. By default background is subtracted from data.
- model2d (